Durham Recruiting is looking for an experienced Project Manager from the Restoration Industry. This role is based out of Scarborough, but our client gives you the ability to work from home when needed and most days are on site as needed for Estimating. Work-life balance can always be a little challenging in this industry but this client in particular values their employees and gives as much flexibility as possible to their PMs.
As with any Restoration PM role you will be servicing clients (all residential at the moment but they are moving into the commercial/industrial space) within their territory of West Durham, Scarborough surrounding areas. Great news with this role is that you are assigned a PM Assistant!
You are responsible for:
- All inspecting, estimating, managing the projects and working within set timelines within Xactimate or Symbility
- Constant communication with insurance adjusters, property managers and clients throughout the job process.
- Obtain bids from vendors and sub-contractors, award jobs, assign budgets and quality control
- Review construction plans, coordinate permits and review for compliance and accuracy
- Increase sales opportunities to up-sell services and assist with AR as needed
- A full list of responsibilities will be given during the interview process
What Stood Out For Us:
We have the privilege of working with various restoration companies both here in Durham and in Scarborough which all have their own unique qualities that make them awesome to work for.
This company, in particular, stands out for its flexible model in how they treat their PM’s. They have set up their policies/technology to have the ability for their PM’s to work from home when needed, understanding there are going to be a lot of 12 hour days when it is their typical slow season they appreciate that their staff will do shorter days. There is give and take within their company culture, also an appreciation for what the PM’s go through for their company.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Monday – Friday with scheduled on-call weeks that is shared throughout the team for after-hour calls
- Base Salary of $70k to $85k with bonus on top of this – the structure will be spoken about during the face to face interview
- Great benefits package
- A stable and growing company that has been around since the early ’90s
- Amazing building to work out of, modern, clean – very large!
- An organized organization that believes in policies and processes
- You will not be micro-managed – this is a company that believes in hiring capable people that is able to prioritize and manage their time efficiently
- Amazing process in place for after-hours calls – leads are fully processed by the call center first, you are not the first call – an email will be sent if it is a properly qualified lead
- A vehicle, phone and laptop provided – very tech-forward company, they give you the tools needed to make your job easier and as a quick as possible
- Very collaborative team – they do a lot together throughout the year
- Christmas events
- Team dinners where they discuss issues, come up with solutions together
- Movie Night in the office
What We Need From You:
- Great attitude, positive and exceptional customer service skills
- Minimum 5 years of project management in the Insurance restoration industry
- Completion of a construction/building technology diploma or Engineering degree AND/OR Working knowledge of residential/ commercial construction
- Highly proficient in Xactimate estimating software. Experience using Symbility estimating software is considered an asset
- IICRC or trade-related accreditation an asset
- Valid G Ontario Driver’s License required
- Driver’s Abstract in good standing for the past 3 years is required
We would like to thank all of those that apply but only those that are chosen to participate in next steps of the recruitment process will be contacted via email. If you would like to see our other available jobs please visit our website at www.durhamrecruiting.ca