Durham Recruiting has just partnered with a company in Pickering and we are looking for an outgoing and social Project Coordinator to join their team. With an average of 5-10 projects on the go at any time we are looking for someone who excels with time management and has working knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical Systems.
In a nutshell the role will have you coordinating several projects throughout Ontario for the installation of our partners product within Condo’s, Apartments and Townhomes. You will be liaising with contractors, developers, site engineers and property managers. You will take over the project from the moment the contract is signed and see the project through to completion when the client service team takes over. You will be conducting site visits (3-5 per project), survey work completed, review blueprint drawings, order inventory for projects, all scheduling and research for new vendors.
A full list of responsibilities will be given to those who are chosen for the face to face interview.
What Stood Out For Us:
Having been around in Canada for over ten years this is a company that has endless opportunity for growth given the industry they are in. Along side their success what also stood out for us is the atmosphere in the office you will be working in. This is a group of people that operates like a family run business even though it is not. The management team is an easy-going and down to earth group of people that believe in having fun together, treating each other with respect and working as a team to be the best!
Why Choose Our Client:
- Hardworking, down to earth team
- Full time permanent role - $60,000 to $65,000 annually depending on experience
- Monday – Friday – based on 40 hours a week. Hours may vary but typically 8:30 to 5pm
- Benefits after 3 months
- Some over nights – full per diam daily given for travel
- Company car to use for site visits or km’s paid if you use your own
- Great location just off the 401 in Pickering
- Fun, inviting and collaborative team environment
- Holiday celebrations – lunches brought in for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter and whatever they can figure out to celebrate. This is a team that loves to enjoy their time at work
What We Need From You:
- Outgoing, laid back and positive person
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, excellent customer service skills
- Superior organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Experience working with contract documents, drawings, specifications, schedules and codes of construction
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing timelines, deadlines and priorities
- Strong sense of logic, analytical and problem-solving techniques
- Must have experience with AutoCAD and MS Office
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Project Manager Role within the construction industry is preferred
- Knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical Systems
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering, Business Admin or working towards your PMP is preferred
- Must be bondable with a clear drivers abstract and G License
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full list of all of our available roles please visit http://durhamrecruiting.ca/candidates/search-jobs/