Durham Recruiting has a great opportunity for a “Jack or Jill of all Trades” from the Carpentry Industry. Love carpentry and working with your hands but hate the seasonal layoffs and slowdowns? We have a great opportunity with a local Commercial/Industrial flooring company for a true Trades Person here in Durham. Huge opportunity for growth!
With this role you will need to be comfortable driving a 5 ton truck, loading and transporting heavy equipment and towing a long trailer. The work you will be doing during your time with our partner is basic carpentry, electrical and mechanical work. Concrete polishing, leveling and operation of concrete machines. You will work in small teams of 2-4 people depending on size of projects.
We are looking for an organized and clean worker that has pride in their work. Must have their own carpentry tools (large tools provided) and own transportation to get to job sites.
A full list of responsibilities will be given to those who go through our interviewing process
What Stood Out For Us:
Our partner has been around for generations (over 50 years). Currently the management team is run by second and mostly third generation family members. The management team has surrounded themselves with other like-minded people who care about their clients, the craftsmanship and of course their employees. It is a vibrant company that is on the verge of taking their company to the next level through exceptional quality of work and reliable service.
Why Choose Our Client:
- $18 to 22 /HR to start with overtime available depending on experience
- Year-round work – no layoffs
- Reliable, stable and growing company
- Non-Unionized Workplace
- Friendly work environment where you work hard but also have fun
- Work throughout the Durham and GTA region
- Great opportunity to grow within the company as the company expands for natural leaders
What We Need From You:
- Positive, team player who is organized and a clean worker
- Reliable person that can take ownership of the project / task given to them with little direction (once trained)
- Pride in your work, this is a high quality product you will be working with
- 2+ years in Carpentry or similar trade
- A Jack or Jill of all Trades from the Carpentry or Building Industry
- Must have own transportation with a DZ or G License (DZ is preferred)
- Must have own Hand Tools – large tools provided
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full list of all of our available roles please visit https://www.durhamrecruiting.ca/candidates/search-jobs/