Durham Recruiting is conducting a search on behalf of our highly-regarded manufacturer based just outside of Ottawa, Ontario for the role of Production Supervisor - Extrusion. They have been in business for 20 years and enjoying another growth period and as such, they have a need for a new role to oversee the extrusion side of the business.
Our client manufactures in the packaging industry and develops products for a specific niche within it. They have invested in top quality machines and equipment making for an attractive midsize company for any production supervisor. The extrusion line is new so this is a great opportunity to grow and develop a new line and team.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Newly made opportunity – Chance to drive and define it
- $50 - $65,000 depending on experience
- Bonuses included – personal and company performance
- Day Shift – Monday to Friday (7:30 am – 4:30 pm)
- Vacation is negotiable depending on experience
- They are committed to quality products and exceptional customer service
- They are a midsize company (roughly 45 staff on the floor) which allows them to be flexible and ability to react quickly to their environment
- Strong value system. Believe in respect and accountability
Here is an overview of the position
The Extrusion Supervisor is responsible for assisting and organizing the Extrusion department by planning and assigning work, adjusting personnel levels to meet production requirements, analyzing and resolving work problems, and inspecting materials to verify conformance with quality standards.
The Extrusion Supervisor works closely with the plant manager to ensure that products are produced/fabricated and shipped on time, and within budget. The key focus of this position will be to create and support a working environment and culture of continuous improvement in Quality, Productivity and Safety.
Note: The detailed Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities will be provided to candidates who are selected for the interview
What We Need from You:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in a Supervisor role within a manufacturing/production environment
- Relevant education and training/ certifications
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing experience is considered an asset
- Be a chameleon - Given the nature of our clients orders you also must be comfortable in a fast paced, every changing environment. Orders can come in quick and priorities need to change within your already scheduled day / week / month
- Must be safety conscious yourself and be willing to hold production staff accountable
- Be a strong leader and mentor for staff
- A can-do attitude who is passionate
- First Aid Certification is preferred (must be willing to attain and remain certified)
- Health and Safety certification is desirable (must be willing to attain)
- Forklift License Required (must attain and maintain)
We here at Durham Recruiting would like to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. An email will be sent regarding next steps.
Owner – Durham Recruiting