Durham Recruiting is conducting a search on behalf of our highly-regarded engineering and manufacturing partner based in the York Region for the role of Automotive Painter for high end cars. This privately held company has steadily grown YOY for over 30 years and now have their footprint on most continents.
This division is currently assembling the prestigious, limited-edition Ford GT Supercar the likes of which people like Jay Leno, baseball star Justin Verlander, racing star Dario Franchitti have purchased to name a few.
This is NOT your typical assembly facility. Most people working on the cars are skilled technically or mechanically. The team takes pride in their craftmanship, passionate about what they do and well together to achieve their goals. The paint process alone takes approx. a week and a half
If you’re passionate about quality of work, having no two days be the same as every car has its own design and colour scheme (100’s of colours used on the cars) and see your role as an artist we want to hear from you. This isn’t your typical automotive paint role.
In a Nutshell
- Apply coatings to composite components using various spray methods
- Prepare components for coatings using various preparation methods
- Maintain paint spray tools including the spray facility
- Mix and spray coatings
- Follow all established safety procedures
- Mask appropriate areas as required
- Inspect components during processing stages
- Follow work instructions and quality control processes
- Use body repair materials and methods for composite components
- Training will be provided as required
Why Choose Our Client:
- Opportunity to be part of the team that designed & built one of the most prestigious cars in the world
- Privately held Canadian global company who are leaders in what they do
- Consistent YOY growth, great career opportunities within the organization
- Be part of a team that is on the cutting edge of technology – They are driving the future
- Develop relationships with many of the best automotive suppliers
- Tones of overtime available in the paint shop
- Very good wages for candidate with the right experience – could be as high as $32/hr
What We Need from You:
- Experience in auto body finishing and repair
- Ability to interpret basic written instructions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- An understanding of composite component construction is an asset
- Experience in manufacturing environments is an asset
We here at Durham Recruiting would like to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted.
Owner – Durham Recruiting