Durham Recruiting has partnered with a large food logistics company who is currently going through a transition with new ownership. The key implications is heightened focus on leadership, employee training & development, safety and growth opportunities.
Now is the perfect time to join their team, be paid exceptionally well, be challenged and grow upwards in the company. You will be hard pressed to find any entry level opportunity that provides this level of income & benefits for you and your family.
Everyone is welcome to apply for this opportunity as no experience is required, comprehensive training will be provided. The most successful people are self-starters, don’t need to be chatty at work (lone wolf), likes to be busy, be physical and motivated to earn extra attainable incentive income.
Starting Wage $19/HR + 40 Cents shift premium but increases to $24/HR and, you can earn an additional $300 - $400 (average earned by current staff) in weekly incentives. Incentives are awarded if you exceed your quota’s, have good attendance and safety.
Potential Income for this entry level role: $60,000 or more (base salary and average weekly incentives) and, you can work additional overtime to further supplement your income.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Highly respected new ownership – Transitioning changes over the next 6 months
- Consistent, long-term stable employment
- Overtime always available
- Great starting pay + paid bonuses earn $60K+ annually
- Excellent flexible benefits program & RRSP contributions
- No stopping on the way to work to pick up a Timmies, they have one onsite
- Unionized environment
- Comprehensive training for success
- Room to grow – company prides themselves on promoting from within
- Onsite trainers available 24/7 to help support your development
- Huge involvement with charities in the community such as Feed the Need, Grandview and Sick Kids to name a few. Anyone can be involved if they desire
- “Food Truck Days” – onsite in the parking lot
- Golf Tournaments
- Social Committee – always something going on for employees throughout the year
- Amazing break rooms, onsite food available, heavily discounted vending and pop machines
- Christmas party for the kids each year
In A Nutshell: You will be provided store order list and select product in coolers and freezers and assemble and selects cases from pick slots. The key is to be a steady eddy and work accurately, efficiently and safely to assembler orders onto plastic or wood pallets while operating a motorized pallet jack.Note: You will be fully trained and certified to operate the double and triple forklift pallet jacks.
To Be Successful you should Exhibit Most or All of the Following:
- Positive, can-do attitude lone wolf (but recognizes you are part of a team)
- Be able to work in cool or cold climates – You are provided proper gear
- Thrive in a consistent paced environment
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds consistently throughout your 8-hour shift
- Must be able to work weekends and STAT holidays (not open Christmas Day)
- Must have High School Diploma or working towards it
- Must be Bondable – Background Checks are preformed
- Please note this company has a Zero Tolerance for Drugs and Alcohol
- Experience operating a Pallet jack (double and triple) is considered an asset but is not necessary as there is full training given if hired
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. Please note that every resume that comes into Durham Recruiting is reviewed.
Not the job for you?
We strongly encourage everyone to check out our Job Board for our complete list of jobs that we update every Monday and Thursday. Additionally we encourage all candidates to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay up-to-date on employment opportunities.
Thank you in advance for your time
Owner – Durham Recruiting