Durham Recruiting is looking for a Licensed Millwright or Maintenance Mechanic for our well respected and innovative manufacturing/ industrial company located in Northumberland (25 minutes east of Oshawa). With this role the shifts are rotating every 2 weeks between days, afternoons and nights.
In a nutshell this role is your standard Industrial Millwright position in that you will be responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing all equipment. Fabricating parts, sharpening and maintaining machine tools and participating in the Preventive Maintenance program. A full list of responsibilities will be given during the face to face interview.
What Stood Out For Us:
The company has been in business for over 100 years and have grown and evolved over the years through innovative engineering and technology. They have built a reputation on quality innovative products that allow for their customers to work safely. It was clear to us the company has worked hard over the last couple years to build a culture of teamwork and collaboration. This has driven exceptionally high employee satisfaction ratings and better engagement overall. Additionally, in this unionized environment, there is a solid relationship in place with very little issues.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Full time position with full benefits, RRSP’s after 3 months
- Monday – Friday Rolling 2 week shifts for Days, Afternoon, nights
- 8 hour shifts with the average week being 48 hours – OT paid after 40 hours
- Established in the community, stable and growing year over year – no layoffs
- Work with a company that puts H&S as its number 1 priority
- Great work environment, friendly people and great management
- Plant Manager has been with the company for many years and is very hands on but NOT a micromanager– Very organized who strongly believes in empowering his team
- Collaborative place to work, always looking for ways to improve their location and operations
- Be part of a global leader and interact with counterparts in other locations
What We Need From You:
- Hold a valid 433A Industrial Mechanic Millwright for minimum of 1 year
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience
- Experience in a Foundry and/or heavy manufacturing is an asset
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment
- Experience using PLC’s and with stick welding is considered an asset
- Experience working in an ISO Environment is preferred
- Experience working in an Industrial environment (dirty, dusty and noisy environment)
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full list of all of our available roles please visit https://www.durhamrecruiting.ca/candidates/search-jobs/