Durham Recruiting is conducting a search on behalf of our client located in Whitby for an Industrial Millwright Apprentice. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to be part of long-standing team of mechanics within a unionized environment for a company with 125 years + in their respective industry.
The maintenance team is adding to their bench strength and is seeking to bring on board a millwright apprentice that has completed their schooling and just looking to complete their hours. Over the next couple years, you will be part of the transition of retiring mechanics to bringing on board a mix of experienced and apprentice millwrights. This is a great opportunity to take your career to the next level moving into role with one of Durham Regions top employers.
For Immediate Hire!
WHY CHOOSE OUR CLIENT:
- Rolling Shifts between Day shift 7am to 3pm, Afternoons 3pm to 11pm and Nights 11pm to 7am – Minutes to the 401
- Pay Rate: $21/hr – loads of overtime available
- Plenty of overtime available – This significantly augments your income
- Full very comprehensive benefits plan
- The Team: 1 Manager, 4 Mechanics (most have been there for decades), 1 licensed Electrician
- Each member has their own work station
- A lot of flexibility, not always working on the same things
- No patch work, they do things right
- Opportunity to work on various projects over and above usual day-to-day
- Fabrication, parts and tool making
- Very tight knit group who is welcoming
- BBQ’s and Holiday parties
- Very safe and clean environment
- All employees adhere to company procedures – Management leads by example
- Significant training in Health & Safety
You will be responsible for all typical duties that a Millwright will handle – you will work alongside their likened mechanics learning your trade in an industrial setting
Note: If you are selected for an interview a full job description will be provided but there shouldn't be any surprises
- Excellent attitude - positive and a true passion for the trade
- Must be completed your schooling - reason being the rolling shifts are tough to manage with schooling still in the equation
- Proven capability to troubleshoot and repair paper printing and packaging machinery is an asset
- Must demonstrate capability to effectively use shop equipment for fabrications (ie. welder, lathe, mill, drill press is preferred)
- Forklift, EWP, Working at Heights training is an asset
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted for a phone interview. Thank you in advance for your time.