Durham Recruiting is conducting a search on behalf of our highly-regarded engineering and manufacturing partner based in the York Region for the role of Automotive Assembly Mechanic or Technician. This privately held company has steadily grown YOY for over 30 years and now have their footprint on most continents.
This division is currently assembling the prestigious, limited-edition Ford GT Supercar the likes of which people like Jay Leno, baseball star Justin Verlander, racing star Dario Franchitti have purchased to name a few.
This is NOT your typical assembly facility. Most people working on the cars are skilled technically or mechanically. The team takes pride in their craftmanship, passionate about what they do and well together to achieve their goals.
If you’re passionate about quality of work, working on high product and have an eye for detail we want to hear from you.
In a Nutshell
- Working in a safe manner, following safety procedures in an automotive assembly environment
- Building sub-assemblies following supplied drawings
- Following build manuals and quality control processes
- Assembling and fitting components to prototype and niche vehicles
- Fabricating templates and jigs to facilitate assembly
Why Choose Our Client:
- Opportunity to be part of the team that designed & built one of the most prestigious cars in the world
- Every single car is built by hand – no automation, no robots
- Privately held Canadian global company who are leaders in what they do
- Consistent YOY growth, great career opportunities within the organization
- Be part of a team that is on the cutting edge of technology – They are driving the future
- Develop relationships with many of the best automotive suppliers
- Overtime is available as one car needs to be completed a day (takes approx. a month to complete one car through the process)
- Very good wages for candidate with the right experience – starting at $17/hr – dependent on experience your wage will go up from there
What We Need from You:
- Comfortable using common hand tools and power tools
- Able to read and interpret drawings
- Able to interpret basic instruction via detailed drawings / instructions
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Basic computer skills are required, familiarity with Microsoft Office is an asset
- Basic understanding of automotive assembly / repair
- Experience in light fabrication is an asset
We here at Durham Recruiting would like to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted.
Owner – Durham Recruiting