Durham Recruiting is conducting a search on behalf of our partner located in Whitby, ON for an experienced & handy Maintenance Mechanic to join their team. This is a solid opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a long-standing team within a non-unionized environment for a company with over 50 years in their respective industry.
About Our Partner
They are an industry-leading provider of their product and service across North America. They develop customized metallic shapes or parts for their clients and support the process from A-Z (design to finished product). Not only do they have a large footprint across Canada and the US they are also one of Durham Regions top employers with two locations to serve their clients specific needs.
Exciting Time to Join
Given the strength of their business, our partner has recently come under new ownership with a vision of growth and be THE World-Class Supplier and industry leader. To support this, the goal is to heavily invest in people, culture and invest millions of dollars in equipment upgrades. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of rich history of success, stable employment and career development and growth.
Why Choose Our Client:
- New Ownership with a new vision to be a world-class organization
- Is investing significant capital to purchase and upgrade equipment
- Non-Union environment
- Great compensation: $25-28 an hour
- Gold Standard Benefits Program – 100% coverage
- RRSP Program – Co contribute
- Afternoon shift 3pm-11pm
- Overtime available
- Bonuses paid for not using paid days off
- Real growth opportunities – Potential to develop into the manager role
- Stable and consistent work – No Layoffs
- Very safe environment with an excellent track record of health and safety
- Be part of a team who are passionate and care about their products
- Great Location in Durham – Close to the 401
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The goal of the Maintenance Mechanic is to be an innovative thinker and work collaboratively, under minimal supervision to trouble shoot equipment and provide solutions within a Fabrication Plant. The key role is to observe and listen to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine adjustment or repairs.
This role requires frequent interaction with multiple departments and senior management. Utilize Your Knowledge, Skill and Ability in a Manufacturing/ Fabrication Environment.
What You Bring to The Table:
- Positive can-do attitude who is passionate about their craft
- A Mr. Fix it mentality jack of all trades
- Experience with CNC & fabrication: Take apart and put back together (Asset)
- Welding knowledge particularly MIG (Asset)
- PLC troubleshooting (Asset)
- Must be a trouble shooter
- Must be able to read, interpret and utilize blueprints, drawings and manufacturers installation,
- operation and maintenance manuals
- Safety Awareness - Being aware of conditions that affect employee safety
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. Please note that every resume that comes into Durham Recruiting is reviewed.
Not the job for you?
We strongly encourage everyone to check out our Job Board for our complete list of jobs that we update every Monday and Thursday. Additionally we encourage all candidates to follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook to stay up-to-date on employment opportunities.
Owner - Durham Recruiting