Durham Recruiting is looking for 2 Maintenance Mechanics for our manufacturing partner in Markham. This is an ideal role for someone looking to make their mark on a facility. You have the real opportunity to make a difference and have a real impact on production numbers. Loads of overtime available in order to supplement your income. Straight Day's and afternoon shifts available.
In a nutshell, you will be repairing, trouble-shooting and maintain stamping presses, pneumatic/hydraulic machines and MIG welding machines throughout the facility. You will also assist in relocating equipment, repairs on the facility and attending weekly departmental meetings. This job will see you doing a little bit of everything! It is the perfect role for someone who loves variety in their day!
With this role, you have a real opportunity to leave your mark on a facility within the automotive industry.
What Stood Out For Us:
The pride in the management team is what stands out the most. They care not only about their product but more importantly about the people working there. It is a family environment with a lot of tenure in their maintenance team and on the floor.
Our client has been in operation for over 30 years and has evolved into a world-class “turn-key” solution provider of tooling and production packages for their clients. Our client manufactures complex production programs from tool concept and design through to production and assembly. Their expertise and specialties include “Tool & Die Design and Build”, “Assembly” and “Metal Stamping”.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Day or Afternoon shift Available – immediate start
- $25/hr to $30/hr depending on experience
- Have been in business 30 years and growing! Have a 150K square foot facility
- They develop customized machine parts for the automotive sector - Large contracts
- Very competitive salary and overtime available
- Excellent benefits package, available after 3-month probation
- Maintenance Team: 5 guys 3 millwrights and 2 electricians. A solid group of guys!
- A diverse range of equipment, stamping presses range from 100 to 1000 tons capacity, Robotic MIG welding cells, Plasma cutting, spot welding and welding cells
- Fantastic working environment – not only does this company care about the safety of its employees it also cares and treats their staff of 100 like family
- Great tenure on staff – most employees have 15+ years in the plant
- The current employees also respect where they work – no absenteeism or late issues, little to no complaints from employees and everyone works as a team – people love working here!
- Bottom line the Managers and Senior Management respect their employees and are thankful for time and effort spent at work
What We Need From You:
- Willingness to work day or afternoon shift, work overtime and the odd weekend overtime as the produce custom parts and sometimes you may need to be called in to do the odd repair
- Working knowledge of stamping presses is considered an asset
- Resistance welding and MIG welding is considered an asset
- Good understanding of the English Language and following detailed instructions
- Must have a solid understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, friction clutch/brake systems, press valves and blueprints
- Must be able to measure and work within .001 tolerance
- Must know and practise emergency lockout on all equipment
- Must be okay working at heights
We want to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. Please note that every resume that comes into Durham Recruiting is reviewed. To see a full list of available roles please visit us at www.durhamrecruiting.ca
Owner - Durham Recruiting