DURHAM RECRUITING is recruiting for Maintenance Mechanics (day shift and afternoon shift available) for our manufacturing partner located in Markham. If you are looking to earn excellent compensation by way of base salary and overtime available, then this is potentially a great opportunity for you.
In a nutshell, you will be responsible for fixing, repairing and maintaining and troubleshooting on pneumatic and hydraulic failures for various heavy-duty stamping presses (ranging from 100 to 1000 ton capacity) and MIG welding equipment. You will be supporting the production, tooling and quality departments. You will also help repair facility equipment such as ventilation units, sprinkler systems, and compressors.
What Stood Out For Us:
Our partner has been in operations for over 30 years and has evolved into a world-class “turn-key” solution provider of tooling and production packages for their clients. Our client manufactures complex production programs from tool concept and design through to production and assembly. Although they are a large company now, they still treat their employees like family. Management takes the time to get to know their staff and truly cares about their wellbeing and retention.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Day or Afternoon Shift 7am to 3pm or 3:30 to 12pm
- Up to $30/hr depending on experience
- Have been in business 30 years and growing! Have a 150K square foot facility
- They develop customized machine parts for the automotive sector - Large contracts
- Very competitive salary and overtime available
- Excellent benefits package, available after 3-month probation
- Maintenance Team: 5 guys 3 millwrights and 2 electricians. A solid group of guys!
- A diverse range of equipment, stamping presses range from 100 to 1000 tons capacity, Robotic MIG welding cells, Plasma cutting, spot welding, and welding cells
- Fantastic working environment – not only does this company care about the safety of its employees it also cares and treats their staff of 100 like family
- Great tenure on staff – most employees have 15+ years in the plant
- The current employees also respect where they work – no absenteeism or late issues, little to no complaints from employees and everyone works as a team – people love working here!
- Bottom line the Managers and Senior Management respect their employees and are thankful for time and effort spent at work
What We Need From You:
- Willingness to commit to either the days or afternoon shift with OT on a regular basis
- Working knowledge of stamping presses is considered an asset
- Resistance welding and MIG welding is considered and asset
- Good understanding of the English Language and following detailed instructions
- Must have a solid understanding of pneumatics, hydraulics, friction clutch/brake systems, press valves and blueprints
- Must be able to measure and work within .001 tolerance
- Must know and practice emergency lockout on all equipment
- Must be okay working at heights
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted.
Owner - Durham Recruiting