Durham Recruiting has a great opportunity for the right Machine Operator - Laminator. This is an immediate full-time opening for our client located in Whitby. This is a part of their ‘Weekend Warrior” Crew where you work every Saturday & Sunday. You work 24 hours but get paid for 36!!
What Stood Out For Us:
Our partner has been making their products for over 125 years and continue their successful path of success. This is a great opportunity if you’re looking to join a stable company, offering stable hours, unionized environment. with staff that have long tenures (no revolving doors here)
What stood out for us was the long-standing tenures from most of the employees. Additionally, they have managed to keep their core values and not fallen victim to death by ‘procedures’ and while they do have standard operating processes, they keep it simple. This is a great opportunity to work with one of Durham Regions top employers.
For Immediate Hire!
WHY CHOOSE OUR CLIENT?
- Weekend Warrior Crew – Saturday and Sunday 11am to 11pm – Paid for 36 hours even though you only work 24!!!
- Minutes to the 401 in Whitby
- Full very comprehensive benefits plan – available after 3 months
- Union environment – good relationship with their union
- The Team: 1 Manager, 4 Mechanics (most have been there for decades), 1 licensed Electrician
- Family feel to the business from the production worker right up to the General Manager
- Tenured staff – people don’t leave this company!!! They treat their staff with respect and because of this employee over 15 years with the company is normal
- Amazing tenured employees to learn from and mentor with, while you will have experience on the Slitter you still need to get a proper handle on their machines
- Very safe and clean environment
- All employees adhere to company procedures – Management leads by example
- Significant training in Health & Safety
- Set cut length required using Work Instructions
- Set up machine
- Load machines
- Discard Wrap
- Clean up throughout shift and maintenance on machines
- Quality control throughout the entire shift
- General house keeping and other duties as assigned
- ‘Can do’ attitude, team player and someone looking for long term employment with a great employer
- 3+ years preferred in a similar role working with plastics (for food manufacturers)
- Responsible, health and safety cautious and loyal
- Ability to work 2 days consistent over the weekend every weekend
We would like to thank all those who applied but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. Not the role for you? Please visit our website at www.durhamrecruiting.ca to see a full list of open roles.