Durham Recruiting has a great new sales role available with our manufacturing partner in Ajax for a Junior Area Sales Manager. Our partner is looking for someone that is just started their outside sales career and is looking to sell in the industrial space.
In a nutshell you will be provided a territory where you will be responsible for establishing customer locations, including brick and motor store fronts, branches, electrical distributers and retailers.
You will be responsible for building your brand within the territory and becoming the go to person for their electrical needs by providing exceptional ‘old school’ customer service, product demonstrations and training to customers. In order to increase your sales you will be able to collaborate with your National Sales Manager, Supply Chain Manager and Production Team to provide insight on products, events, promotions and distribution changes.
What Stood Out For Us:
Our client is a leader in their industry and is fifth generation family owned out of the States, it is a family run company and will ALWAYS be this way – something they are very proud of. This company has over a hundred years in business with no intention of ever changing. They are a supplier to the electrical industry producing and shipping their product across the globe. The U.S management team is always on site and it is very much a true partnership with their Canadian manufacturer/distributor.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Monday – Friday
- $42, 000 annually to start with commission of approx. 2k in your first year
- Full Benefits (fully paid) after 3 months
- Entry into Company profit sharing after just 6 months!!
- Entry into Company Pension plan after just 6 months!!
- With just over 60 working in the Canadian plant there is a real family feel to the location.
- Their tenured staff are friendly and welcoming – very little turn over. In fact all of the senior management team were brought in through agencies and have now worked their way up into management
- Huge investments being made to upgrade and bring in new high-tech machinery – lots already upgrades and much more to come
- Very visual location, very old school beliefs and values – very supportive company
- Very safety conscious – go above and beyond industry standards
- Performance reviews every September
- Huge opportunity for growth – encourages upward movement from within for all roles
- Award’s evening in the States every year – peer voted as to winner from their plant
- Full time permanent role
What We Need From You:
- Amazing can-do attitude – we are looking for someone passionate about sales!
- Mechanical and Technically inclined – must love working with industrial products and not selling a service
- 1-2 Years in a junior territory sales role is preferred or a placement with an outside Territory Manager in and Industrial industry
- Knowledge of Electrical Distribution is preferred
- Strong analytical, category management and planning skills
- Love of cold calling, drop ins, client meetings, client development and client presentations
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
We would like to thank all of those that apply but only those who have been chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. If you would like to see a full list of all available jobs please follow us on Facebook or go to www.durhamrecruiting.ca