Durham Recruiting has a great opportunity to join a positive, modern and forward-thinking Insurance Company here in the center of Durham as RIBO Licensed Business Developer for both Commercial and Personal Lines. With this role you will have be able to run your ‘desk’ like your own business. You will be given your priorities / KPI’s with the expectation that you will work independently through the week. This is your opportunity to ‘run your own business’.
In a nutshell, you will be responsible for being the primary source for quoting new business to both Commercial and Personal Lines of Business. You are the voice of the company; you will represent our client with the utmost professionalism by making a great first impression with in depth knowledge of industry products and guidance specific to the clients needs. Working closely with the underwriters you will provide the best in class policies and accurate paperwork once the plan is accepted.
You are responsible for responding to all quote requests by phone, email or walk-ins and managing all renewal dates. On top of incoming leads, you will be expected to cold call, send packages and attend client meetings if the deal cannot be closed over the phone. A true love of sales and helping people is necessary for this role. Huge potential with this role!
What Stood Out For Us:
Our client has worked hard over the past few years to make improvements and updating all aspects of the business. The owners have worked hard to bring a positive and independent culture to the office. Expectations are clearly laid out and there is no micromanaging throughout the week. You are given autonomy to get it done and come to management when you need support. Loads of perks working for this company in a great location in a modern office with room to grow.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Monday – Friday 8:30 to 5:30 – 1 hour for lunch
- $ 65, 000 Base Annual Salary – dependent on experience
- % of each Personal Lines and Commercial sale
- Full Time Permanent - Benefits after 3 months, life insurance and RRSP plan
- 3 Weeks Vacation
- Room for growth within the company
- Successful and stable office
- Christmas parties & social events
- Coffee and Tea provided; food brought in from time to time
- Friendly atmosphere, music in the office and
What We Need From You:
- Positive, outgoing and a natural when it comes to customer service and pure passion for helping people
- RIBO Licensed – must be current and up to date
- 2 + years in a Business Development role within the Insurance Industry
- 5+ years in a previous customer-centric position if only 2 years as a RIBO Licensed Business Developer
- Comfortable with cold calls
- Experience working with multiple insurance providers
- Experience working with both personal lines and commercial policies is an asset
- Willingness to follow policy and procedures laid out by the senior management team to ensure consistency in the client experience at all levels
We here at Durham Recruiting would like to thank all those that have applied but only those being considered for a phone interview will be contacted. Please follow us on Facebook to receive a full list of our open roles each Monday or go directly to our website to see all available roles.