Durham Recruiting has a great opportunity for a Technical Trainee in the Security Tech Industry based in Pickering (this is not a company that deals with Security Guards). Our local client installs alarms in both residential, commercial and industrial industries.
Our client has over 25 years in the business and they treat each client with same care as their very first. Our client creates solutions for intrusion detection systems, card access and CCTV solutions.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Durham client – Full Time Permanent Position
- Company has been around for over 25 years
- Full training – great opportunity to learn a skilled trade and in an industry where you can make more than Electricians!!
- Laid back and down to earth teams that work together
- Friendly safe and encouraging work environment
- Pickering location (everyone starts off at the shop daily)
- Monday – Friday Daytime hours (some overtime and weekend)
7am start time
- Wages will depend on experience - $16 - $18 / hr to start
- Tones of ability to grow with this company!!
- Complete worksite safety assessments and take appropriate actions to minimize risk of injury
- Install, service, troubleshoot, repair, and inspect security and related products and equipment at customer sites
- Interpret blueprints, diagrams and technical manuals as necessary
- Perform installation and termination of network/communication cabling
- Able to complete work orders, track job times and record actions taken to complete job requirements
- Prepare job completion and service reports for customer signature
What We Need From You:
- High Technical Aptitude and or 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Amazing can-do attitude with excellent customer service and communication skills
- Someone who enjoys representing their company both on the road and on site
Must be bondable and a clean driver abstract (from the past 3 years for insurance purposes)
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with ease and be physically active throughout the entire shift
- Ability and willingness to learn on site and be given constructive feedback so that you can progress within the company
- High School Degree
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant course is considered an asset
We here at Durham Recruiting would like to thank all those that apply but only those who are chosen for an interview will be contacted. We do read each resume when someone applies to all of our roles. If you would like to see a complete list of all of our available jobs please follow us on Facebook or go to our website at www.durhamrecruiting.ca
Owner – Durham Recruiting