Durham Recruiting has a unique role available for an I.T Technical Specialist and Customer Service professional. Our stable and growing client here in Whitby is looking for a technical person to join their team that can optimize their operations using Office 365 applications, creating apps and offer their clients technical support when it comes to their product over the phone
What Stood Out For Us:
Our client has just invested a huge amount of money into upgrading to a new facility that is modern, ergonomic work stations, clean, bright and equipped with a training room. It is a quiet work space that has a newer Supervisor on the production floor that oversees creating a safe, respectful and thriving environment.
Our client is a great mid-size company here in Durham that believes in team work, working together and having fun while at work. They work hard and appreciate people’s time. The office is spacious, bright, modern and very friendly. Our client has a lot of tenure in the office and is a great space to work in.
Why Choose Our Client:
- New owner of a company who has been involved with the organization for over 10 years – Company has been around for over 40 (the new owner has been in charge for over 2 years now)
- Assembly / Service Tech Industry
- Great Durham location – Whitby south of the 401
- Monday – Friday with the occasional OT during the week as necessary as our client also has an office in British Columbia with clients on the west coast
- 8am to 5:00pm
- Salary - $40, 000 to 45, 000 depending on experience
- Benefits & Vacation is negotiable depending on experience
Duties of the Role:
This role will evolve overtime as you become an expert in their product and offerings but to begin with you will be optimizing their Office 365, creating apps that the Service Tech’s can use on the road, tech support for the organization (here in Durham and their British Columbia site).
Once the I.T portion is up and running smoothly you will then be introduced to the product in order to service calls from their clients on how to fix their product over the phone in case a service tech is not able to get on site right away. This role will evolve and grow overtime depending on your passions and strengths. We are looking for someone who is looking to grow with our client over the years.
What We Need From You:
- Excellent knowledge of Office 365 and all applications available within it – to set up and maintain
- Ability to build Apps (within Office 365 or one that can intergrade with Office 365)
- Excellent customer service skills / patience and be able to think on your feet
- Ability to work independently and with little to no supervision
- Wants to be part of something that is bigger than corporate – Team Environment
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to read manuals, search independently for answers
- Excellent interpersonal skills – as this is a smaller facility the successful candidate will want to get to know their co-workers so that when an issue arises you will be able to speak to them for feedback and or suggestions when speaking with clients
- 3-5 years in a similar role or in Customer Service / order desk role
- Experience or knowledge of electronics is considered an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing, fabrication or production industry is preferred
We thank all that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email. If you are interested in seeing a complete list of roles we currently have available or to be notified of new jobs please follow us on either LinkedIn or Facebook or go to our website at www.durhamrecruiting.ca
Thank you in advance for you time
Owner – Durham Recruiting