Durham Recruiting is working on behalf of our established and growing partner located in Stouffville for the position of Senior Commercial HVAC Installer and Service Technician. With this role, the majority of your work will be in the Richmond Hill area but you will be required to travel throughout the GTA when needed. Work-life balance is very important to our client and with this, your typical work week will be 40 to 45 hours.
In a nutshell, you will be serving (70%) and installing (30%) our client's commercial contracts both the cooling and heating systems for all makes and models. You will be maintaining and repairing mechanical and electrical equipment.
What Stood Out For Us:
In business for 12 years, the owner and core team have been together for a very long time i.e. they are not a revolving door. They are laid back but take true pride in their work providing exceptional customer service, workmanship, and advice to their clients. They are small enough to pay personal attention to every job but big enough to take on large complex commercial HVAC maintenance, service, and installation jobs. They work with very large high-profile companies and pride themselves on accepting complex jobs throughout the GTA.
Why Choose Our Client:
- $25-30/hr depending on experience
- 40 to 45 hours a week (slower months in January / February where you may go down to 35hrs / week)
- Company Van for work use only – kept at home (time starts once you have been driving for an hour from your home)
- Commercial and Industrial contracts only
- Work throughout the GTA but they do their absolute best to keep you within an hour of your home – they are very respectful of your time
- Receive your scheduled jobs each Friday for the following week. 80% of your week is scheduled and approx. 20% is filled in with on-call and emergency calls
- You basically get to run this role like your own company. The client leaves it up to you to get the jobs assigned completed within the week
- Flexibility in start/end times. Our client understands that everyone’s home life is a little different and will do everything in their power within reason to be as accommodating as possible
- Passion for the trade – we want to hear why you got into this trade, be ready to tell us your story and why you have stayed in this industry
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
What We Need From You:
- 5+ years experience with installing and servicing Commercial Buildings - Industrial experience is considered an asset
- 313A Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic Certificate
- Gas 2 License or Gas 1 License Required
- Experience with Sheet Metal / Refrigeration and Heating
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with attention to detail.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Perform detailed daily record keeping and reporting
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines
- Clean driving record is imperative and valid driver’s license
Owner - Durham Recruiting