Durham Recruiting continues to grow and is seeking another exceptional person to join our team in the role of Senior Human Resource Manager / Consultant. We are proud of the relationships we’ve built in the Durham Region and Surrounding areas connecting great people with our great partners. While our focus has primarily been spent on acquisition, we’ve identified a huge opportunity to offer our partners a more full-service HR offering retention being at its core.
Who We Are:
Barely two years old, we are proud that our hard work and dedication to service is resonating with local businesses, many of our partners now see us a true extension of their team. We have grown to a team of nine amazing people who are dedicated to helping people. To date our primary goal has been to connect local people with businesses in the Durham Region and surrounding areas for full-time employment. We believe that a service first approach must be at the heart of everything we do, making for better relationships. We love what we do!
We have several partners who require various HR services and at present we are meeting with them to conduct market research to understand where the need lies (gaps and opportunities) and develop a robust plan to meet their needs. You will participate in these meetings and will develop, test and roll out our core services. This is an exciting opportunity if you:
- Wish to make a real and measurable difference in companies and their staff
- Wish to be part of a growing team who are truly passionate about helping others
- Love what you do, but tired of commuting into the city – get back your life!
- Wish to be part of the Durham Community: Opportunity to build your brand
- Wish to explore your entrepreneurial interests/ drive
- Wish to unshackle yourself from the corporate world – We are a pretty informal bunch
- Wish to work on something new and different everyday/week
- Wish to grow a dynamic team of HR professionals
- If any of the above truly resonates with you then we encourage you to apply. In terms of your professional growth, the opportunity is absolutely there. As for the Durham Recruiting HR division, the sky is limit.
Why Consider Joining Our Team:
- Strong and rapid growth with an ambitious target to be the #1 full-service employment service firm in the Durham Region
- Dynamic and fluid team and work environment – always changing
- We believe in community and are active members with local charitable initiatives
- Newly developed office space located downtown Oshawa
- Monday – Friday 8:30 to 4:30 (hours can be somewhat flexible if needed) Please note one Thursday a month you need to be available until 6pm for our Open Houses
- $75,000 – 90,000 Annual Salary + Benefits + Bonus
- 3 weeks’ vacation + Paid Christmas off (we always shut the office down over Christmas to be with our families) and some long weekends we provide 4 days
- Summer BBQ’s, Christmas parties, team lunches and events – We have fun together
- Family Flexibility: Can work from home for kids’ sick days, schedule around daycare or hockey practices, etc. where possible. We will work with you to be as flexible as possible
- Recognize achievements
- Amazing team to work with and supportive environment
- Modern, clean and friendly work conditions
In a Nutshell:
The HR Manager, acts as an internal consultant and HR resource, as well as responding proactively to the unique needs that our business requires. Externally, you will provide proactive HR consulting services in all areas of workforce planning including talent management, employee relations, organization design, employee engagement, people manager/ leadership development, etc. Additionally, this includes the identification and resolution of critical issues for our client and the implementation of HR policies, systems, training and practices that align to their unique needs.
While you will be building this business, you are NOT expected to do traditional sales. We don’t believe in cold calling or aggressive sales tactics. That said, you will be expected to grow our HR Brand through content, authority posts, events, networking, seminars etc. Additionally, as issues arise with our partners, you will be expected to offer sound advice that would lead into generating revenue.
What it takes:
- 10+ Years of Human Resource experience in a HR Manager capacity
- Must have experience with Unionized and Non-Unionized environments within the Manufacturing, Industrial or Construction Industry to be considered for this role
- Customer focused with proven relationship building strengths
- Strong business acumen, evidencing the use of insights in the business environment to improve talent and business outcomes
- Strong analytic capability to identify and diagnose pressing business challenges, uncover insights to enhance decision making and can align organizational strategy to talent decisions
- Strong financial acumen, confident to interpret financial metrics and calculate the financial impact of HR decisions. To be capable in building the economics of an HR business case
- Strong stakeholder credibility and network. To be influential in optimizing stakeholder collaboration. To have an ability to present powerful presentations that drive stakeholders to action
- Comfort and ability to thrive in a high change, fasted paced environment
- University degree, preferably in business/Human Resources, or equivalent combination of education/experience
We here at Durham Recruiting would like to thank all those that apply but please note only those chosen for the short list will be contacted. Every resume that submitted to us is reviewed and taken into consideration. Thank you in advance for your time.
Dustin and Diane Kelllow
Durham Recruiting – Owners