Durham Recruiting is currently recruiting for a Senior Estimator in the Sheet Metal and Roofing Industry for one of our respected, family owned, and operated clients located in the heart of the Durham Region. In a nutshell you bring to the table a background in construction estimating that includes the exterior of commercial or industrial buildings. You will handle the preparation and completion of all contract types and will ensure adherence to set out timelines and budgets.
What Stood Out For Us:
Our client has been in business 50 years and have an established foot print within Durham and Surrounding Regions. They are one of the leaders in providing roof replacements, new construction and maintenance services to industrial, commercial and institutional buildings across southwest Ontario. Despite their growth over the years, they have not lost their family values & culture! People who work there recognize and appreciate they are a person part of a team and not a number.
It was clear to us their success has come from a long-standing belief in consistent quality and customer service. Keeping the family feel to the business they treat their employees with respect and aim to make it a fantastic place to work.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Competitive wages $85, 000 to $100, 000
- Growth opportunities within the company
- Industry experts with a solid reputation
- 50+ years in business, family operated and located in Durham
- Stable and consistent year-round employment
- Company is seeking more growth opportunities – You will help to drive this
- Industry leaders known for quality, delivery and consistency
- Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm
- Company vehicle (AWD Equinox / Pickup Truck), 407, fuel, benefits, all media requirements.
- Modern head office, friendly and central Durham location
- Supportive senior management team
As a Senior Estimator, your responsibilities are consistent with most other estimator roles. You will be working directly with Senior Management to prepare and complete accurate estimates however, your role will include a lot of autonomy. Speed, accuracy and profitability is of utmost importance while remaining competitive in your quote.
Below are key job tasks that you will be responsible for:
- Attend on-site pre-bid/proposal site visits
- Prepare detailed estimates including material, labour and equipment while ensuring compliance with all specifications and Bid Invitations
- Prepare weekly reports on project bid status reports, cost summary sheets
- Prepare quantity take-offs
- Once bid is won prepare and review project schedule, scope of work, material list and drawings
- Maintain accurate and current database cost codes of accounts
- Meet closing targets and maintain quote/Win Rate as assigned
What We Need From You:
- Be passionate about your craft i.e. you love being an estimator
- Be a great teammate
- 5+ Years minimum in a similar role within the Construction / Commercial or Roofing Industry
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Construction or other equivalent construction program would be an asset
- Great communication skills both verbal and written with strong analytical & mathematical skills
- Excellent track record with attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and work independently
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD/Desk
- G-License and have your own car with a clean driving abstract
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full list of all of our available roles please visit www.durhamrecruiting.ca