Durham Recruiting is looking for seasoned Industrial Controls Engineer with our well-respected partner that is a leading global engineering firm with a key strategic industrial facility located in Northumberland (45-60 mins east of Toronto). This a 2-year high value project for this company and as such, the employment time corresponds to the length of the project.
Our partner is investing heavily into people, equipment and systems to continue its excellent reputation for solving customers complex problems by engineering, manufacturing and servicing mission-critical equipment for mining, industrial and construction industries. With this in mind, you will be tasked with supporting and upgrading existing plants (they have two onsite) electrical and control systems. In addition, you will be active in the ongoing expansion project in their foundry.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to lead efforts in upgrading systems with new sensor and control technologies, validate and execute. This is a very high-value capital project.
What Stood Out For Us:
The company has been in business for over 100 years and have grown and evolved over the years through innovative engineering and technology. They have built a reputation on quality innovative products that allow for their customers to work safely. It was clear to us the company has worked hard over the last couple years to build a culture of teamwork and collaboration. This has driven exceptionally high employee satisfaction ratings and better engagement overall. Additionally, in this unionized environment, there is a solid relationship in place with very little issues.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Capital project that you will play a significant lead role
- Salary dependent on experience and specific industry knowledge $75, 000 to $90, 000
- This is a two-year contract (no benefits or pension is available with this contract)
- Monday – Friday Day time hours
- Established in the community, stable and growing year over year – no layoffs
- Work with a company that puts H&S as its number 1 priority
- Great work environment, friendly people and great management
- Plant Manger has been with the company for many years and is very hands on – very organized and caring manger to work with
- Collaborative place to work, always looking for ways to improve their location and operations
- Be part of a global leader and interact with counterparts in other locations
- Support and upgrade existing plant electrical and control systems
- Lead efforts to identify new sensor and control technologies, validate performance and application potential, and establish network to maintain awareness of technology development
- Utilize problem solving techniques to improve gaps in products and processes
- Write, implement and maintain all industrial PLC control platforms and programs, Allen Bradley, GE and Siemens
- Develop and design new automated programming/device technology that improves, monitors and increases the agility of our manufacturing operations
- Identify, manage and mitigate project risk
- Great communication skills both written and verbally – you are responsible for interaction with both internal / external customers and vendors
What We Need From You:
- 5+ years in an Industrial Electrical / Controls Engineering experience in an automated manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is a must
- Experience with PLS’s including Allen Bradley, GE, Siemens, HMI, VFD, DCS and vision systems
- Project management experience is an asset coupled with heavy industrial / automated equipment / systems and CAD/CAM
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full list of all of our available roles please visit http://durhamrecruiting.ca/candidates/search-jobs/