Durham Recruiting is conducting a search on behalf of our manufacturing client located in the Woodbridge area for the position of Electrician (442A preferred). Our partner is over 40 years old and has become the world leader in their industry. They are a global systems solutions provider and now operate in 10 countries serving 100’s of customers worldwide.
** Rotating shifts between days and afternoons with the potential for a week of nights in the rotation from time to time **
In a nutshell, you will be a part of a large maintenance team to install, align, move, maintain, troubleshoot and repair the various machines throughout the factory:
- Wiring to print and troubleshooting of low voltage AC/DC circuits and PLC components input/output devices. AC/DC drive motor troubleshooting and repairs.
- Maintenance of robotic manipulators, high-bay lighting, machine annunciators, warning lights and horns/bells as well as machine limits.
- Fabrication and installation of new conduit and wiring, plumbing, hose and metal tubing installation.
- General welding, cutting, sheet metal fabrication, machine lubrication, replacement of input/output devices, basic motor wiring and replacement will be routinely assigned duties.
- Looking for candidates that are working a lot of overtime
- Will participate in Lean Activities
What Stood Out For Us:
While the company has been around for decades and expanded globally, they still strive to be that small close-knit team usually only small companies achieve. The CEO still to this day walks the plant floor and knows all of the maintenance teams’ names!
A stable unionized facility (that just completed their collective bargaining) now is a great time to come on board. With a diversified product line serving the automotive and non-automotive sectors, the company is set up for long-term success.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Earn 100K plus with your hourly wage and overtime that is widely available
- As part of the collective agreement, the base salary increases every year for the next three years
- Rotating shifts days and afternoons. Once and a while you will work nights (will get a premium)
- Can work on the weekends and get paid double time on Sundays
- Full benefits, etc.
- Build-in processes and procedures
- Strong leadership. The company is well managed, passionate and believe in their products
- World-class & Industry-leading products & service
- Have strong local and global partnerships i.e. they provide stable and consistent work
- Management have long tenures
- The maintenance team is 11, due to some retirement we are adding an Electrician
- The maintenance team have been together for a long time – lowest tenure is 5 years
What We Need From You:
- Licensed 442a certification. Will accept a 309a if you have experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Mechanical – Use of Hand-Held tools
- Three to five years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing maintenance environment.
- Basic knowledge of automated machine systems, both electrical and mechanical aspects must be shown and may be required to be demonstrated.
- Skill in the use of basic shop tools and troubleshooting devices will be necessary.
- Ability to plan and work with other members of the maintenance and production teams.
- Experience working with an emergency response team is a plus.
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those chosen for a phone interview will be contacted. For a full list of all available jobs please visit us at www.durhamrecruiting.ca
Durham Recruiting is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. Our clients welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of their staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please notify us if you require accommodation in the application process