Durham Recruiting is looking for a Business Developer for our partner in Pickering who is looking to get into the B2B Insurance Sales line of business (if successful, you would be then trained and licensed by our client). This role will see you working with small to mid-size businesses here in the Durham Region. This is a full-time permanent role that will include a lot of networking here in Durham. Salary and commission will be based on experience.
If you are a compassionate salesperson that is looking to make a difference in the lives of people out here in Durham through your business then we want to hear from you. With this role, you will be able to show companies here in Durham what they can offer their employees at various costs in order to help retain great staff as a part of their retention plan.
In a Nutshell, you will be networking throughout Durham and Northumberland to offer our partners products with the Group Benefits / Group Retirement and Profit-Sharing style of options. Our partner takes a bespoke approach with their clients and offers unique packages to each and everyone if that is what is necessary. No two companies are alike so why should their packages be?
This role will see you heavily networking within the community, sending out and coming up with marketing packages and once a client is singed keeping in touch with them to build the relationship. You do not have to be licensed for this role but if successful you must be willing to get licensed (paid for by the company).
What Stood Out For Us:
Our partner in Pickering is a lovely small-sized company that is growing and looking to expand their footprint here in Durham soon. Having been open for ten years it is a tight group of people that work together, support one another and have a lot of fun during their day.
What was also evident is that they are very modern in their structure in that they use technology to their advantage to make their work easier and efficient. They are a company that works smarter not harder! It was also refreshing to hear how they service their clients. They take a very unique approach and come up with very innovative ways to service their client’s individual needs when it comes to group benefits and plans for their employees.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Monday – Friday 8:30 to 4:30 Full-time permanent job ** Networking will sometimes be outside of workday hours ***
- $50, 000 to $60, 000 Base plus commission depending on experience (base will start at 40 to 50k depending on experience)
- Benefits + 2 weeks’ vacation to start
- This company has fun together – great Christmas parties in Toronto celebrates everyone’s birthdays and many lunch & learns / company meetings on a Friday with lunch provided and team-building events throughout the year
- Friendly, clean, forward-thinking and modern work environment
- Stable and growing company
- Family-oriented workplace – they understand what it means to have kids and a family outside of work
- Very tech-savvy company – use technology to their advantage to make your life easier
- Business Casual dress code
- Growth potential – given that the company is now is a chapter of growth if you are looking to get into customer service or sales this is a great foot in the door opportunity!
What We Need From You:
- Friendly, positive and outgoing personality
- Detail orientated, forward-thinking and someone who LOVES sales!!
- Experience within the insurance industry is great but not necessary. This role is truly for the compassionate salesperson who wants to help companies retain great employees through the ‘perks’ of benefits and retirement packages
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to pick up new technology with ease
- Great Excel skills with the ability to write reports is preferred
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. If you would like to see a full list of roles we have open please follow us on Facebook or go to our website at www.durhamrecruiting.ca