Durham Recruiting is looking for an Administrative Assistant with Group Benefits experience or an admin assistant from the insurance industry. We have a fantastic small company looking for someone to join their team who loves wearing a million hats in the office and learning a little about everything. This is a full-time permanent role at $40 to $45k yearly salary depending on experience.
In a nutshell, you will be responsible for assisting the account managers with the group benefits plan administration (ie paperwork, emails, renewals, questions on the product/plans), you will also be helping the office manager with her responsibilities and running reports.
With this role you have the potential to move into a customer service role if this is something you desire or have been interested in. This company will pay for you to be trained and licensed.
What Stood Out For Us:
Our partner in Pickering is a lovely small-sized company that is growing and looking to expand their footprint here in Durham soon. Having been open for ten years it is a tight group of people that work together, support one another and have a lot of fun during their day.
What was also evident is that they are very modern in their structure in that they use technology to their advantage to make their work easier and more efficient. They are for sure a company that works smarter not harder! It was also refreshing to hear how they service their clients. They take a very unique approach and come up with very innovative ways to service their client’s individual needs when it comes to group benefits and plans for their employees.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Monday – Friday 8:30 to 4:30 Full-time permanent job
- $40, 000 to $45, 000 Salary
- Benefits + 2 weeks’ vacation to start
- This company has fun together – great Christmas parties in Toronto celebrates everyone’s birthdays and many lunch & learns / company meetings on a Friday with lunch provided and team-building events throughout the year
- Friendly, clean, forward-thinking and modern work environment
- Stable and growing company
- Family oriented workplace – they understand what it means to have kids and a family outside of work
- Very tech-savvy company – use technology to their advantage to make your life easier
- Business Casual dress code
- Growth potential – given that the company is now is a chapter of growth if you are looking to get into customer service or sales this is a great foot in the door opportunity!
What We Need From You:
- Friendly, positive and outgoing personality
- Detail orientated, forward-thinking and someone who loves to work as a team (and not off a job description)
- 5+ years’ experience preferably in an administrative role with an insurance company
- 1+ years preferably working within a group benefits team in an administrative capacity
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to pick up new technology with ease
- Great Excel skills with the ability to write reports is preferred
If you do not have insurance experience those with manufacturing experience are preferred
We would like to thank all those that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. If you would like to see a full list of roles we have open please follow us on Facebook or go to our website at www.durhamrecruiting.ca