Durham Recruiting has an opportunity in Pickering for a quiet and friendly Accounts Payable Professional from the manufacturing industry. This a company with a lot of tenure in their staff and as such all employees are cross-trained to cover for sick days/vacations and busy periods. This is a full-time permanent role at $40,000 dependent on experience.
In a nutshell, you will be responsible for all Accounts Payable functions within a small to mid-size company. You will be working with invoicing, PO’s, month-end and year-end preparations alongside the Controller and Accounting Clerk.
We are looking for someone who is confident in their abilities, who can work independently, take ownership of their work and manage their time appropriately.
What Stood Out For Us:
Our partner is in south Pickering in the manufacturing sector – a great location right off the 401. Having been around for over 30 years our partner is stable with a great team of tenured employees. The office is quiet and professional with an opportunity for growth. With the distribution of many different audio and technical products and equipment throughout North America, there is variety in your day.
Why Choose Our Client:
- $40,000 annual salary (dependent on experience)
- Full-time permanent position
- Monday – Friday 8:30 to 5pm
- Established in the community, stable and growing year over year – no layoffs
- Modern and spacious office
- Quiet Office – a place where you can hear yourself think!
- Benefits after 6 months – Drug plan, message etc covered (no dental coverage)
- RRSP Plan after 1 year up to 5% matching for contribution
- Paid Sick Days
What We Need From You:
- Positive and proactive person that genuinely loves what they do
- The ability to work independently
- 5+ years in a similar Accounts Payable role within the manufacturing or construction industry with at least 25+ years working experience within an administrative or customer service background
- Experience in Customer Service or Order Desk is considered and asset for vacation and sick coverage in the office
- Experience in the manufacturing or construction industry is preferred
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel and someone who picks up internal software with ease
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full list of all of our available roles please visit https://www.durhamrecruiting.ca/candidates/search-jobs/