Durham Recruiting is working on 2 roles for our highly respected and local Restoration company here in Durham for their growing Accounting Team. We are looking for an Accounting Clerk and an Accounting Clerk Assistant. Both roles are full time permanent positions here in Oshawa.
Our partner has been steadily growing for the past 20 years and is showing no signs of slowing down. At this point we are looking for someone who is able to take care of all the accounts payable, coding, entering vendor invoices, month end / year end duties, time sheet entry and reception relief.
What Stood Out For Us:
Our partner is located here in Oshawa and has been a family run business for 40 years. What stood out is their down to earth and caring management team. This is a family run business that treats their employees like a part of their family and quite a few staff members even bring their dogs in! With their modern workplace an effort is also being made to ensure work life balance, strong mental health in the workplace and wellness.
Though their industry can often be stressful and ‘full on’ at times due to the nature of their clients this is a supportive environment that does as much as they an to help ensure their staff’s happiness.
Why Choose Our Client:
- Salary dependent on experience and specific industry knowledge $16-$19/HR
- 2 Full time permanent positions available
- Monday – Friday 8:30 to 5pm
- Established in the community, stable and growing year over year – no layoffs
- Modern and spacious office – please note there are dogs in this office
- Great work environment, friendly people and supportive management team
- Mental Health and Overall Wellness is taken very seriously here – this is an office that walks together, has monthly lunch & learns; this company wants to empower their staff with useful knowledge to make themselves happier, healthier and more productive both at work and at home
- Collaborative place to work, always looking for ways to improve their location and operations
- Our partner also gives to many local charities and is a huge believe in giving back
- Chance to go to networking events on behalf of the company / seminars and lunch & learns in the community
What We Need From You:
- Positive, outgoing and proactive person that genuinely loves what they do
- 3+ years in a similar role
- Construction or Restoration industry experience is preferred
- Willingness to wear many ‘hats’ in the office, while your main role with be with the accounting department you will be required to help out in Reception and with administrative duties
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel and someone who picks up internal software with ease
- Willingness to work overtime as needed during busy seasons (spring and fall)
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full list of all of our available roles please visit http://durhamrecruiting.ca/candidates/search-jobs/