Durham Recruiting has an opportunity in Pickering for a quiet and friendly Accounting Clerk from the manufacturing industry that enjoys helping in various departments. This a company with a lot of tenure in their staff and as such all employees are cross trained to cover for sick days / vacations and busy periods. This is a full-time permanent role at $45,000 dependent on experience.
In a nutshell, you will be responsible for assisting the Accounting and Operations department with AR, AP, Payroll, Invoicing, PO’s, Month and Year-end preparation and tracking expenses. In the beginning, you will start off on the order desk role to learn the business/clients and products.
As you become comfortable with our clients processes more and more accounting responsibilities will be added to your plate. We are looking for someone who is confident in their abilities, who can work independently, take ownership of their work and manage their time appropriately.
What Stood Out For Us:
Our partner is in south Pickering in the manufacturing sector – great location right off the 401. Having been around for over 30 years our partner is stable with a great team of tenured employees. The office is quiet and professional with an opportunity for growth. With the distribution of many different audio and technical products and equipment throughout North America, there is variety in your day.
Why Choose Our Client:
- $45,000 annual salary (dependent on experience)
- Full time permanent position
- Monday – Friday 8:30 to 5pm
- Established in the community, stable and growing year over year – no layoffs
- Modern and spacious office
- Quiet Office – a place where you can hear yourself think!
- Benefits after 6 months – Drug plan, message etc covered (no dental coverage)
- RRSP Plan after 1 year up to 5% matching for contribution
- Paid Sick Days
What We Need From You:
- Positive and proactive person that genuinely loves what they do
- 3+ years in a similar Accounting Clerk role
- Experience in Customer Service or Order Desk is preferred
- Experience in the manufacturing or construction industry is preferred
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel and someone who picks up internal software with ease
We would like to thank all that apply but only those that are chosen for a phone interview will be contacted via email to set up a time. To see a full list of all of our available roles please visit https://www.durhamrecruiting.ca/candidates/search-jobs/